Oakpont IP & Trademarks
Intellectual property (IP) is a strategic asset that provides significant value to Oakpont and its customers and partners. Our patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets result from our investments in developing innovative software and services that help our clients.
When referring to Oakpont trademarks and the names of Oakpont software, products, and services on packaging, promotional materials, advertising, websites, and other collateral, follow the Oakpont Trademark & Brand Guidelines. These guidelines set the basic rules for using Oakpont trademarks and Oakpont software, product, and service names.
To the extent a name or logo does not appear on the list below, this does not constitute a waiver of any and all intellectual property rights that Oakpont Corporation or its subsidiaries has established in any of its product, feature, or service names, or logos.
If you have a question that falls outside the scope of the guidelines and information provided on this website, please consult your legal counsel. If you have a trademark question about an existing agreement or other business dealings with Oakpont, please contact your account manager or Oakpont business contact.
Oakpont’s brand names:
Oakpont reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate or modify permission to display the Oakpont logo, and may request that third parties modify or delete any use of the logo that, in Oakpont’s sole judgment, does not comply with these guidelines or might otherwise impair Oakpont’s rights in the logo. Oakpont further reserves the right to object to unfair uses or misuses of its trademarks or other violations of applicable law.
Oakpont IP & Trademarks
When referring to Oakpont trademarks and the names of Oakpont software, products, and services, follow these Oakpont Trademark and Brand Guidelines.
You may use Oakpont trademarks in text solely to refer to and/or link to Oakpont’s products and services and in accordance with the terms of these Guidelines.
You may not:
- use Oakpont logos, logotypes, icons, trade dress or other elements of Oakpont packaging, websites or materials unless specifically permitted under these Guidelines or other applicable guidelines;
- use the trademarks in the name of your business, product, service, app, domain name, social media account, or other offering (with the exception of seminars and conferences, which are covered by the Publications, Seminars, and Conferences Guidelines;
- use the trademarks more prominently than your product or service name;
- use the trademarks on promotional merchandise that you are selling or distributing (such as t-shirts, travel mugs, etc.);
- do or say anything or use the trademarks in a way that implies affiliation with, or sponsorship, endorsement or approval by Oakpont of your products or services;
- alter, animate, or distort the trademarks or combine them with any other symbols, words, images or designs, or incorporate them into a tagline or slogan;
- use the trademarks in any way that is contrary to these Guidelines and/or the Publications, Seminars, and Conferences Guidelines.
Oakpont Corporate Logo Guidelines
As a general rule, third parties may not use the Oakpont logo. On this page are the limited circumstances under which third parties may use the Oakpont logo. The logo must always be used pursuant to the specifications on this page to identify Oakpont Pty Ltd, or Oakpont products or services. Any use that falls outside of these specifications is strictly prohibited.
Third parties may only use the logo without a license under the following limited circumstances:
- In advertising, marketing collateral, or a website that references your connection with Oakpont (e.g., the material states that you are an authorised distributor or reseller of Oakpont products) provided that the area in which the Oakpont logo is used includes the corporate logo of at least 1 other company with which you have a similar relationship.
- In an area of a website, advertising, or marketing collateral exclusively dedicated to the sale of Oakpont products, and in such a manner that associates licensed Oakpont software with the Oakpont logo.
Do not use the Oakpont corporate logo in products, product packaging, or other business services for which a formal license is required.
Social Media Guidelines
The name of your social media account, any and all pages or communities, cannot begin with a Oakpont trademark. In addition, Oakpont logos cannot be used in a way that might suggest affiliation with Oakpont, including, but not limited to, the account, profile, or header images. The only exceptions to these requirements are if (1) you’ve secured permission from Oakpont through a license or equivalent (though such licenses are not generally available in this context); or (2) you’re using a Oakpont trademark (not including logos) to describe the purpose of your account, page, or community provided that:
- you are not suggesting affiliation with or endorsement by Oakpont; and,
- your account does not use the name or likeness of any prominent individuals within Oakpont.
For example, you cannot name your account, page, or community “Oakpont Products.” However, it would be acceptable to name your account, page, or community “Fans of Oakpont” or “Information about Oakpont Products” as long as you do not use the Oakpont logo or otherwise suggest any affiliation with Oakpont.
For More Information
If your proposed use falls outside of these Guidelines or the Brand specific guidelines linked to above, the use is not permitted unless you seek approval from an appropriate contact within Oakpont.
If you have a question, please consult your legal counsel or your Oakpont business contact.